Finnish Lakeland DMC
As a local Lakeland DMC operator we have an in depth knowledge about the Finnish Lakeland are and the way of life in this unique and beautiful region.
We cater to customer from various countries with vast range of programs and events. Our key competence is in nature related programs, corporate events and cycling treks in lakeland area. We have programs for both goups and FIT's. We recommend using our weekly programming in Lappeenranta with FIT's but tailoring is also possible.
Reasons to come:
- Large beautiful lake area
- With large open areas and small passages Lake Saimaa is the 4th largest fresh water lake in Europe and largest in Finland. With almost 14 000 islands, Lake Saimaa made the Wall Street Journals list of the most beautiful lakes in 2014.
- Pure and clean nature
- Finns really love the nature.This is why we keep it clean and pure. Did you know that in most places you could even drink the lake water. And if you feel hungry there is a lot to forager in the forest. Berries, mushroom and wild herb are just waiting to be picked.
- Saimaa ringed seal
- In Lake Saimaa lives a seal that is the most endangered seals in the world. The Saimaa ringed seal was trapped in the Lake Saimaa after the last ice age when the rising land closed all the waterways. Today there is roughly 400 seals left. If you are lucky you might encounter one of these endangered seals during your trip.
- Finnish cabin life
- Cabin life is in the core if Finnish relaxing life style. Right in the nature at the lake shore. This is where Finns come to relax and ponder about life.
- With the population of 6 million, Finland has around 2 million saunas. You can find sauna almost everywhere. This is the place where Finns go to with friend, family and business partners. All the titles are left outside and everyone is equal. It is said that the most important decision in life and in business are made in sauna.